- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into 2" lengths
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, coarsely torn
- 1 large head radicchio, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Cook beans until vibrant green and beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice water and let sit, about 2 minutes. Drain beans in a colander and set aside.
In a frying pan over medium heat, add walnuts, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar and stir to combine. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Season with salt and toss to combine. Transfer nuts to a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar, garlic, salt and remaining 1/4 cup oil. Add lettuce, radicchio, green beans, blue cheese, and nuts and toss to combine.