- 6 oz thick-cut bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/4" pieces
- 4 firm Bosc pears, quartered, seeds removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Snipped fresh chives, for garnish
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy and golden, 10-12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
Season pears with salt and pepper and cook in same pan with bacon fat over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and starting to soften, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and 3 tablespoons oil to combine. Season with salt and pepper. In another small bowl, toss walnuts with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt. Drizzle dressing over pears and scatter walnuts and bacon on top. Just before serving, top with chives.