- 1 single-crust pie dough
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (about 32 biscuits) butter biscuits crumbs, such as Leibniz
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp beaten egg
- Coarse (raw) sugar for sprinkling
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
- Banana slices
- Caramel sauce
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
Roll dough into 13” circle and refrigerate.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk eggs whites until slightly frothy. Add granulated and brown sugars, whole eggs, salt, and vanilla and whisk until combined. Stir in butter biscuit crumbs, coconut, and pecans, just until mixed. Add butter and stir until just combined.
Remove pie crust from fridge. Add filling to pie shell and spread evenly with offset spatula. Fold outer edges of crust over filling, creating overlapping folds as you work around edge. Brush border with beaten egg and then sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake on lower center rack until top is crusty and golden, 45-50 minutes. Let cool.
Serve with ice cream or banana slices and caramel sauce.