4 scallop baking shells
4 scallops , medium to large
1 Tbsp butter , cold, diced in small cubes
1 roma tomato , quartered, seeded, sliced,
Fresh ground pepper
- Preset oven for broiling and preheat for at least 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the oven. Place a rack close to the element.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Center the baking shells on the sheet pan.
- Place a little cube of butter on each shell.
- Carefully grip and shape scallops and place them over the piece of butter.
- Position a little slice of tomato, wrapping the scallop from the side of the hinge.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Zest parmesan over, place another cube of butter over and zest parmesan again.
- Place sheet pan under the broiler and broil for approximate 3-5 minutes depending on the size of the scallops.
- Observe your scallops to see when they are ready. Scallops are ready when their flesh turn to a milky-white color, and they feel somewhat firm. Remove from oven, wait just a minute and enjoy!