- 20 dry-packed jumbo sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp high-heat oil, such as canola or grapeseed
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 oz oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh tarragon divided
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 1/2-1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pkg Harmons spiralized vegetables, such as carrot or sweet potato, cooked in butter and salt
Liberally season both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Add scallops and cook until no longer translucent and golden brown on first side, 2-3 minutes. Turn over and sear on second side until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Transfer scallops to a plate and let rest.
To same pan over medium-high heat, add remaining 4 tablespoons butter, shallots, and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent and mushrooms have no more moisture, about 5 minutes.
Add brandy and cook until alcohol has evaporated. Add cream, half of parsley and tarragon, season with salt and pepper, and cook until cream has big bubbles at the edges and has thickened. Add scallops back to pan, tossing to coat. Divide scallops and sauce among 4 plates and serve with vegetables. Garnish with remaining half of parsley and tarragon.