- 1 lb raw large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 25-30 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp peanuts, toasted and cooled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp salt
Place shrimp in a shallow baking dish.
To make the marinade, in a bowl, add soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and olive oil. Drizzle 3 tablespoons over shrimp, toss to combine, and set aside, about 15 minutes.
To make the sauce, in a blender, add peanuts, jalapeno, basil, mint, salt, and remaining marinade and puree until smooth.
Thread each shrimp onto a soaked skewer, passing it through shrimp body twice, near head and tail. Broil or grill, turning once after 2 minutes, until pink and firm, 3-4 minutes total. Serve with dipping sauce.
Per 1 svg: cal.: 240; total fat: 21g (sat. fat: 3g); sodium: 740mg; total carb: 3g; dietary fiber: 0g; sugar: 1g; protein: 11g