- 1/2 lb Harmons ground Italian sausage or ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp cornmeal
- 12 oz Harmons pizza dough, at room temperature, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) can Harmons tomato sauce
- 8 oz Harmons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, torn for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°.
In a 12” cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add meat, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally to break into pieces, until no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Wipe skillet clean with paper towels and return to medium-high heat. Form 1 piece of dough into a round. Sprinkle skillet lightly with cornmeal, and carefully place dough round in skillet, ½” up sides. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook dough until it just begins to bubble, about 2 minutes. Spread pizza sauce over crust and top with mozzarella, ground meat, pepperoni, onion, and oregano.
Place skillet in preheated oven and bake until golden brown and starting to char, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a cutting board and garnish with basil.