- 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lb Russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 (16 oz) jar tomatillo salsa
- 2 fresh green chiles, roasted, skinned, stemmed and seeded, and diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced, and cubed
- Sour cream
- Broken tortilla pieces
In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onions, potatoes, salsa, green chiles, broth, and cumin. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until chicken shreds easily with a fork and potatoes are tender, about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Add beans and cilantro during last 30 minutes of cooking. Shred chicken in slow cooker with 2 forks. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve topped with avocado, sour cream, and tortilla pieces.