- 2 lb ground beef, 80/20 blend
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Tbsp Harmons Smoky Pub Cheese Ball
- Canola oil
- 4 Harmons hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 Tbsp Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
In a bowl, liberally season beef with salt and pepper, add dates and bacon, and mix to combine. Divide meat into 8 (1/4 lb) portions and place on a cutting board. Flatten each portion into a 5” patty and form an edge around each patty – like an upside down Frisbee.
Place 1 ½ tablespoons pub cheese in center of 4 patties. Place other 4 patties upside down on top of cheese and pinch around each patty to seal in cheese.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and when oil shimmers, add patties and cook until browned on the first side, about 7 minutes. Turn over and cook until browned and desired internal temperature is reached, 125° for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes.
Serve on mayonnaise-slathered buns with lettuce.