- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 lb top round steak
Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
In a blender or food processor, puree cilantro, almonds, jalapeño, salt, pepper and garlic until finely chopped, about 15 seconds. Add yogurt and lime juice and process until smooth.
Season steak with salt and pepper and grill until desired. Let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with pesto.