- Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Kosher salt, for coating the rim of the glass, optional
- Lime slice, for coating the rim of the glass, optional
- 3 strawberries, stemmed and hulled
- 1 1/2 oz pure agave tequila, optional
- 1 oz Cointreau, optional
- 1 oz orange juice, optional
- 1/4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add water and sugar and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sugar has dissolved, about 5 min. Let cool to room temp.
Pour salt into a shallow plate. Cut a slice of lime to exact thickness salt rim should be. Wet top portion of outside rim of glass along half of circumference of glass. Tap glass and place in freezer.
In bottom of a shaker, mash strawberries. Combine tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and ¼-½ ounce simple syrup in a mixing glass with ice and shake well. Strain drink to remove strawberry seeds into prepared glass.