- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice, such as jasmine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chopped greens, such as kale
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6-9 red bell peppers, peeled, tops cut off, and seeds removed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add water and bring to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes, and cook until onions are softened. Add greens, tomatoes, and tomato sauce, if using, and cook, about 5 minutes. Add onion salt, cumin, and rice and stir to combine.
Place peppers, hollow side up, in a baking dish and stuff with turkey mixture. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, until peppers are tender, about 1 hour.