- 8 oz brown lentils, rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
In a saucepan over high heat, bring 3 cups water to boil. Add lentils, decrease heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, drain lentils and rinse with cold water to cool completely.
In a large bowl, add lentils, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, and Kalamata olives and mix to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle vinaigrette on salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
Serving size: 1/8th of recipe; 250 Calories; 13g Total Fat (3g Saturated); 350mg Sodium; 23g Carbohydrates; 10g Dietary Fiber; 4g Sugar (0g Added Sugar); 10g Protein
Adapted from culinaryhill.com
Submitted by Dietetic Intern Elyce Gamble