- 1 serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- About 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ripe but firm mango, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced on the bias and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into slices, skin removed
- 1/4 cup chopped salted, roasted peanuts
- 1 small head of lettuce, such as butter or romaine hearts, separated into leaves for wrapping
In a bowl, whisk chile, lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, and salt.
In a large frying pan over high heat, add oil. Add beans and cook, tossing occasionally, until well charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add garlic and oil and toss to combine.
Toss beans, mango, carrot, and cilantro with some sauce. Transfer to a platter with avocados alongside. Top with peanuts. Arrange lettuce leaves on another platter. To serve, wrap bean mixture and avocado in lettuce leaves with more sauce, as needed.