- 3 green onions, trimmed, white and pale green parts
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 (1/4" thick) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lemongrass puree
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- 4 Harmons ciabatta buns, split and toasted
- Green leaf lettuce, for serving
- 1/8-1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts, for serving
- Fresh mint leaves, for serving
In a small food processor fitted with blade attachment, pulse green onion, cilantro, ginger, jalapeño, fish sauce and lemongrass puree until chunky. Transfer mixture to a bowl, add turkey, season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine. Using slightly moistened hands, form meat into 4 (4”) patties, about 3/4″ thick.
Prepare a grill or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle a small amount of oil on grill pan or oil grill grate. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until golden and crusty and just cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165°, 15-17 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, hot sauce, and peanuts. Spread mixture on rolls. Top with burgers, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, and mint.