- Handful of salt
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 lb yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup edamame, thawed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 heaping tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of water over high heat to boil. Add a handful of salt, green beans and yellow wax beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice water. Drain beans, add to ice water and let sit, 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl, add blanched beans, garbanzo beans, edamame, and red onion. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and mustard. Season generously with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle oil into vinegar-sugar mixture, whisking constantly, until well blended. Pour dressing over beans, sprinkle with tarragon and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.