- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- About 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chile
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 lb tortilla chips
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Harmons fresh salsa, liquid drained
- 1 recipe Queso (4 cups)
- 1 (6 oz) can sliced black olives
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 lime
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Harmons fresh guacamole
- 1/2 cup Harmons sour cream
To make the queso, in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add flour and, using a wooden spoon, stir until nutty smelling, about 5 minutes. Using a whisk, add milk, whisking constantly. Slowly add cheese. Season with chipotle chile powder, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper. Add more milk to adjust queso to a pourable consistency. Remove from heat.
Use a #10 clean tin can from your friendly Harmons Kitchen grocery store. Cut off both top and bottom. Place can on a large serving platter. You are going to start building your nachos in layers in can.
Place ¼ of chips in an even layer in can, then add ¼ of beef, ¼ of black beans, 1/3 cup salsa, ¾ cup queso, ¼ of olives. Repeat layers three more times.
Once all layers are finished, top with leftover salsa, queso, cilantro, squeeze lime, green onions, guacamole, and sour cream. Now slowly lift can off nachos and enjoy.