- 1 lb boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breast, slightly thawed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 (14 oz) cans lite coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (1") piece ginger, peeled and halved
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass paste
- green onion, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Thinly slice chicken breast across grain (doing this before it’s completely defrosted is helpful).
In a medium pot over medium heat, add oil and chicken and cook until chicken is almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
Add coconut milk, chicken stock, mushrooms, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, cayenne powder and lemon grass.
Simmer until chicken is done and mushrooms are tender, 5-10 minutes.
Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Serving size: 1/5th of recipe; 270 Calories; 16g Total Fat (10g Saturated); 670mg Sodium; 7g Carbohydrates; 3g Sugar; 26g Protein