- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.8 oz) jar hearts of palm, drained and cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 (14.5 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (5 oz) can wild skipjack tuna, drained and broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked and cooled Israeli couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 Tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
White/Pale Green: Don’t be fooled by their color—white vegetables are, in fact, nutrition powerhouses! Glucosinolate compounds found in some white vegetables, like cauliflower and rutabaga, may reduce your risk for digestive tract and prostate cancers.
In a small frying pan over medium heat, add oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Let cool.
In a bowl, combine hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, tuna, mayonnaise, couscous, parsley, thyme, garlic, and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add pine nuts, if using, and fold into mixture. Chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories; 12g total fat (1.5g saturated); 510mg sodium; 18g carbohydrates; 3g dietary fiber; 1g sugar (0g added sugar); 9g protein