- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 oz) cans white beans, such as cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro, crumbled cotija cheese, diced avocado, and pepitas
In a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is lightly browned on outside and no longer pink on inside, 5-7 minutes.
Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to pot and toss to coat chicken evenly. Add corn, beans, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, about 20 minutes.
Stir in cream and garnish with desired toppings, and serve.