- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 pasilla chile, seeded and diced
- 1 Anaheim chile, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can fire-roasted green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, miced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chile powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15.8 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 cups cooked, shredded turkey or chicken
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Grated sharp cheddar, for garnish
In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, add onion, celery, pasilla, Anaheim, jalapeño, and tomatillos and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add green chiles, garlic, cumin, chile powder, and cayenne and cook for 2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add beans and hot sauce and liberally season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
Transfer 2 cups of mixture to blender and puree until smooth. Add mixture back to chili along with corn and chicken, stirring until completely incorporated, and continue to cook, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce on the side.