- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy, 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Beat in egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into cream cheese mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate. Chill dough until firm, 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared sheets, 2″ apart. Bake until puffed and golden, 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, about 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. When cool, dust cookies with powdered sugar.