- 2 cups wild rice or long grain brown rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
In a medium bowl, add wild rice and cover with water. Cover and let soak overnight.
Drain rice through a fine-mesh sieve and put in a Dutch oven over high heat with chicken broth and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, covered, 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add celery and onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Add apricots and sage, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Add rice and almonds, adjust seasonings, and toss to combine.