- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 lb winter squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh sage
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 375.°
In a large pot over high heat, add wild rice, broth, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is soft and chewy, about 45 min. Drain excess liquid with a strainer.
Liberally toss squash with oil, salt, and pepper. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and cook until fork tender, 30-40 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons oil. Add onion and celery and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 min. Add garlic, sage, rosemary, and thyme and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 min. Add the Worcestershire and soy sauce and stir. Turn the heat off and add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Place in a large bowl with wild rice and squash. Toss together and serve hot or at room temperature.