- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs halibut, cut into 5-oz. fillets
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small jicama, peeled and finely shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 12-16 corn tortillas
To make the fish, in a bowl, add chile powder, lime juice, oil, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and stir to combine. Add fish and toss to combine. Let marinate, refrigerated, 30-60 minutes. When ready to cook, in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add fish and cook on first side until golden, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 sides. Cover and cook until fish reaches 135° on an instant-read thermometer.
To make the slaw, in a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, sugar, and oil. Add jicama, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Serve fish tacos with cut limes, tortillas, and jicama slaw.
Shop this recipe here.