Guess what’s delicious, versatile, and Dietitians Choice? It’s Harmons artisan 7-grain bread! Your Harmons dietitians love this bread because it tastes fantastic, and it is 100% whole grain. Whole grains provide so many great benefits for our bodies. Those who eat more whole grains have a decreased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Not to mention, whole grains taste great! Especially if it’s our 7-grain bread. Eat our bread fresh out of the oven, with a Dietitians Choice butter spread, or use one of these 7 ideas below.
This first idea is probably the most common way I eat our 7-grain bread. I usually end up freezing slices to lengthen shelf-life, and this is a great way to use up frozen bread! It’s a quick and easy way to incorporate a whole grain side into any meal.
1. Garlic bread. Drizzle slices of bread with olive oil, sprinkle with minced garlic and Italian herbs, bake at 375° for about 10 minutes.
2. Toast. Leave the bread as is for dry toppings, or toast the bread if you have wet toppings.
The possibilities are endless! This is a hearty bread—it can hold its own as far as toppings go so don’t be shy! Here are some of my favorites:
- Herbed goat cheese + Harmons bruschetta + microgreens
- Avocado + tomato slices + basil + balsamic glaze
- Harmons almond butter + berries + chia seeds + dark chocolate shavings
- Vanilla Greek yogurt + diced mango + coconut shavings + slivered almonds
- Cottage cheese + roasted red bell pepper + hemp seeds + everything but the bagel seasoning
3. Healthier bread pudding. Swap regular bread for our 7-grain bread for a great way to increase nutrients in a bread pudding. Substitute some sugar for fruit for another trick to make bread pudding healthier. Try something like this! You can get away with serving whole grain bread pudding for either breakfast or dessert!
4. Croutons. Toss cubes of bread with olive oil or olive oil spray, garlic powder, salt, and any other seasonings you’d like. Layout on a sheet pan and bake at 350° for about 10 minutes, or until brown. Toss croutons halfway through. Serve with soup or salad!
Melt on some cheese to serve with a French onion soup.
5. French toast. This bread can hold your favorite French toast batter no problem! You can even try cutting the bread into strips and baking for a kid-friendly breakfast. Freeze the leftover sticks on a sheet pan for 2 hours and transfer to a bag for storage. When you’re ready to enjoy them, reheat in the microwave for breakfast in one minute!
6. Panini. Did you know you get to choose the slice thickness on our artisan bread? Opt for a thinner slice so you can create the perfect panini! Coat the outsides with olive oil, load on your ingredients, and grill over medium heat until toasted. Here are some of my favorite combinations:
- Turkey + Gruyere + thinly sliced apples + jarred roasted red peppers + Dijon mustard + microgreens
- Harmons chile lime hummus + Harmons corn and black bean salad + mixed greens + tomatoes + Bitchin’ Chipotle Sauce
- Goat cheese + leftover roasted veggies (asparagus, broccoli, peppers, squash—anything will do!)
Don’t forget about our 7-grain rolls! This time of year they are perfect alongside warm soups.
Check out our Facebook/Instagram pages this week to see how you could win a loaf of our amazing artisan 7-grain bread!
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.